Good leaders have always been expected to be able to solve new problems, capitalize on new opportunities and navigate through the ever-changing landscape of business.
Leadership is a complex process by which the leader influences others to perform and achieve. The leadership attributes – belief, values, ethics, character, knowledge, and skills – are all traits, which can be learned. This course provides the basis for understanding what leadership is and what leaders do to be successful.
At the end of this 2-day workshop, the participants will be able to:
- Define what leadership is and how it is applied at all levels of organizational management
- Understand the basics of leadership and motivation
- Determine what is necessary to lead teams and organizations, and how to integrate this with business management
- Develop skills in communicating, influencing and negotiating with peers,subordinates and senior managers
- Become adept at assessing leadership traits and qualities in ourselves and others
- Learn how to develop leadership in ourselves and others
- Appreciate the importance of organization culture and the leader’s role in establishing it
- Understand key success factors (KSFs) for successful rollout of Management of Change in dynamic organizations
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for Team Leaders, Project Managers, Middle Managers,
Supervisors, Executives and Team Members and anyone else who is or will be
responsible for managing teams or individuals.
Method of Delivery
This is a highly interactive course based on the application of theoretical concepts of
leadership to practical situations that faced by newly appointed managers. Participants
will work in small groups throughout the course to apply the learning to real issues and
leadership challenges. Practical exercises and case studies will be used extensively